RAW THAI PUMPKIN SOUP (Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan) is a wonderful winter warmer! A touch of cayenne warms the body, is a great blood thinner and has a healing effect on multiple body systems…
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 Cups of Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 ½ Cups of Coconut Cream
- 2 Cups of Almonds
- 1 Small Knob of Ginger
- 1 to 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Tumeric
- 2 Teaspoons of Celtic or Himalayan Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Tamari
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Agave
- Handful of Coriander (optional)
- Blend all ingredients (except coriander) in a high-speed blender until smooth & creamy.
- Place in oven on “warm” for about 30 to 60 minutes (or in a hydrator or Thermomix). Make sure it is only warm (no more than 45’C) so as not to cook the soup.
- When serving, sprinkle coriander on top. Add a little water if the soup is too thick.